Join Jolie Dennison for a bible journaling workshop designed to nurture and satisfy your creative soul in a safe and encouraging environment, where you’ll experience fellowship and fun with your sisters and brothers in Christ. Together, we’ll study how we can experience God and His Word through creative expression.
The theme of this workshop is Handlettering & Doodling. You'll learn about the purpose of bible journaling, as well as get some great tips & techniques to help you engage with scripture through creative worship. NO ART SKILLS or EXPERIENCE are needed. If you can trace, colour in and cut, you can do bible art journaling!
In this workshop you'll learn how to make small changes to your own writing to create beautiful lettering styles, including faux calligraphy. You'll also learn to combine your lettering with banners, bunting, wreathes, frames and other doodling elements to create lovely artwork in your bible or journal. Finally, you'll learn how to use watercolours to add extra pizzazz to your designs.
This is an IN PERSON workshop on Monday,21st October, 2019 from 7 to 9PM at Robins' Hobby Cafe, 145 Holywood Road, Belfast BT4 3BE.
- Cost is £15 per person and includes use of all the materials you'll need to complete the project. You may wish to bring your bible or a notebook, but it's not required.
- This workshop is for designed for ages 16+, however, it is suitable for ages 11+ if accompanied by a participating adult.
- Space is limited, so advance booking is required.
- Tickets are NOT REFUNDABLE, but you may pass your ticket on to someone else, provided you have notified JolieArt in advance of the workshop. Please make sure you print your confirmation and bring it to the event.
- Please provide your email address and mobile phone number at the time of booking so we can send your confirmation and contact you with further details if necessary.
- Have questions? Contact Jolie via Facebook or Instagram @JolieArt or by phone on 07830 429618.
Here are some things past attendees had to say about Jolie’s bible journaling workshops:
- It was great to have templates to copy & work off of, then learn how to adapt them to my own style. The most valuable thing I learned was that it’s a great way to connect with God.
- I loved it! I learned that I actually CAN doodle.
- The workshop was relaxed and Jolie had good explanations. She helped me to see that bible art journaling isn’t as difficult as it looks.
- The workshop was relaxing and confidence building. I would happily have spent even longer and now I know that I can do it!
- I loved the workshop! There was clear direction and I learned lots.
- I loved the opportunity to be yourself in the creating of a picture and the joy that comes out of you.
- I really enjoyed it. I didn’t think I could paint, but it was so relaxing!
- I loved the fellowship, new techniques and that I can trust my own creativity.
- I loved the relaxed teaching in an atmosphere with no judgement. I was new to watercolours and learned that I can do it.
- It introduced me to fresh ideas and I learned that bible journaling isn’t just about drawing. It’s about getting to know your bible better. I loved it!